Notices
General Automotive Discuss all things automotive here other than the RX-8

Mazda CX-8 Announced - For Japan Only?!!?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-28-2017, 09:05 AM
Administrator

Received 115 Likes on 88 Posts
Mazda CX-8 Announced - For Japan Only?!!?

Mazda CX-8 announced for Japan

https://www.autoevolution.com/news/2...ts-117317.html

The 6/7 seat version of CX-5 has been announced as the CX-8 But according to the articles Mazda is saying it is planned only for Japan and not for anywhere else.

It's ridiculous.

The Mazda 5 moved alot of units in the US and elsewhere and those owners (like me) really like their cars but will need a replacement at some point.To offer this only in their home market is practically an insult and an invitation to those owners to shop elsewhere.

Old 04-28-2017, 09:43 AM
Registered

Received 46 Likes on 41 Posts
NOOOOO! Why would they do this.... We picked up a CX-9 for the three row capabilities and have some family who want three rows but in a slightly smaller package.
Old 04-28-2017, 11:31 PM
Super Moderator

Received 322 Likes on 229 Posts
Charlie I thought this new CX-8 2.2 SA-D (for Japan only) was off the TC CX-9 platform as most of the ground specs are CX-9, like same wheelbase.
But remember so far only New Zealand, Australia and North America has the SA-GT 2.5 TC CX-9,
I expect some parts of EU will see TC like eventually the TB V6 CX-9.
Old 05-02-2017, 05:37 PM
Nice Rotors

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
This is a CX-9 for nations with less obese people. Plain and simple.

It's the exact same wheelbase as a CX-9 but 6.4 inches shorter and 4.8 inches narrower.

IMO (as a 2016 CX-9 owner) you wouldn't want a smaller 7 passenger SUV. This car is already fairly narrow and short in comparison with all other 3 row SUV's and has just the right amount of leg room in the 3rd row without feeling like a sardine. (I'm only 5'10 but I fit comfortably with the middle seat all the way back to accommodate car seats).

I'm not sure where they grabbed over 6 inches to chop off (insert joke here). It's a good thing they didn't make the CX-9 in CX-8 proportions for the North American market though.
Old 05-02-2017, 06:19 PM
Administrator

Received 115 Likes on 88 Posts
because the inside will be packaged like the Mazda 5 which is a great size for a family hauler that occasionally has to take the grandparents or a couple of friends along.Most of the time it's used as a 4 seater wagonish vehicle with tons of room behind the 2nd row and then when you need it, fold up the the 3rd row put the kids back there and the grandparents get the middle row.

it's a shame they havent decided to bring it here
Old 05-02-2017, 10:00 PM
Super Moderator

It looks like CX-8 will be a 6 Seater, 3 rows of two.?
Middle row has a full console with cup holders/ armrest and USB ports and switches for AC, Seat Warmers, etc. It could also fold up to reveal the 7th Seat??

Meanwhile Car Sales in USA are down, way down, halting the past 7 years of growth, from what I have read guys the 'US Auto Industry' has been about the only one to grow since 2008 GFC?, Yes?

https://insidemazda.mazdausa.com/pre...il-2017-sales/

IRVINE, Calif. (May 2, 2017) – Mazda North American Operations today reported April U.S. sales of 24,164 vehicles, representing a decrease of 7.8 percent versus April of last year. With 26 selling days in April 2017 versus 27 year-over-year in 2016, the adjusted daily sales rate is down 4.2 percent. Year-to-date sales through April are up 2.6 percent versus last year, with 93,235 vehicles sold.

Meanwhile down under....
As the CX-8 is Right Hand Drive according to Mazda Australia 'IF' an export model was set up for AU (ADR) then Mazda Oz would seriously consider the CX-8 2.2 Diesel added to car line up here.

Also Mazda car sales continues to grow, with Best April and a continuation of close to 30 years of constant growth.

April best maintains Mazda sales momentum - The Deadline Network

3rd May 2017
Mazda has set a new April benchmark thanks to the arrival of the Next-Gen Mazda CX-5, an upgrade to the Mazda2 and the continued popularity of its SUV and passenger car range.

According to VFACTS figures released today, 8,630 Mazdas were sold in April giving Mazda a 10.4 per cent market share, with numbers for the month up 2 per cent YOY.

In annual sales YTD, Mazda has sold 39,092 vehicles for a 10.8 per cent slice of the Australian new car market, and sales are up YOY – one of the few volume sellers to achieve this. The nation's second most popular car maker, Mazda is Australia's leading full-line import brand.

In what is traditionally a softer month for the industry, it was Mazda's SUV range that led the way with 4,000 (46 per cent) April sales, compared to the 3,599 (42 per cent) retails snapped up by passenger car buyers.

The arrival of the Next-Gen Mazda CX-5 caused a showroom frenzy with an April record 2,166 sales. Showing that early adopters prefer high grade models; Touring, GT and Akera variants accounted for 42 per cent of the CX-5's April sales tally, well up from the 27 per cent January to March average. Mazda CX-5 is the country's most popular SUV.

Brand-New Mazda CX-9 also continues to attract large SUV customers with 639 finding homes last month – also an April record. With its 2,953 YTD sales eclipsing the previous best of 1,902 set in 2008, Mazda CX-9 is having its best start to a year ever.

In run-out ahead of the arrival of the updated model on May 12, Australia's favourite small SUV - the Mazda CX-3 - had 1,195 sales last month.

Mazda in Europe is also reporting record sales....

So what is it with Mazda in USA, I believe once the long awaited 2.2 Skyactiv Diesels are launched later this year Mazda in CX-5 and I assume Mazda 6 will get a HUGE increase in market share?....cross fingers..
Old 05-03-2017, 08:22 PM
Nice Rotors

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by ASH8
So what is it with Mazda in USA, I believe once the long awaited 2.2 Skyactiv Diesels are launched later this year Mazda in CX-5 and I assume Mazda 6 will get a HUGE increase in market share?....cross fingers..
It's the dealers. They are amongst the worst I have ever been to. It doesn't matter what city or state I buy or service my Mazda's in...they are all the same so far in my experience. Very used car salesman approach both in the sales department and in their parts/service areas.
Old 05-04-2017, 12:30 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by Are-Ex-Eight
It's the dealers. They are amongst the worst I have ever been to. It doesn't matter what city or state I buy or service my Mazda's in...they are all the same so far in my experience. Very used car salesman approach both in the sales department and in their parts/service areas.
Yeah, that is somewhat sad, if it is the Dealers then also add a significant blame to the Distributor (MNAO), a Dealer can only be as good as the support they receive from Distribution, frankly I just see Distribution as sloppy and unprofessional right up to the top. How you come across is exactly how you are portrayed.
A few years back I recall seeing a live media launch of a model (cant remember) at a US Auto Show before the public opening, there on stage speaking was the then Vice President Davis in a suit but no tie, he looked bloated, overweight and sloppy, something that just stuck in my mind, yes he is probably a real nice guy, BUT, if he could not have worn a tie with his suit for 30 minutes then?, I know it sounds lame, but as a manager I could never getaway with being so 'casual'.
The Ford partnership for all those years was good for Ford, they learned how to make cars, but did Mazda no favours apart from the financial one.
How many years do they (MNAO) need to get the Dealer mix right and to bring them into the 21st century, as I said before IF Mazda in USA can not show real growth now with the fantastic line up they have then they never will.
Here if a Dealer does not meet certain Targets, sale, service, parts, corporate appearance, local customer CSI, etc, then they lose their franchise, simple.
I guess they cant do that in the US?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.