Notices
New Member Forum A place for new members to get their feet wet

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-17-2017, 03:39 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi all! I'm new to this forum, but I've been creeping it and searching for different information on the car and what I want to do to it. I just picked up a good running 2006 RX-8 for $1500 this past Sunday. All it needed was new rear brake pads, windshield wiper blades, and the A/C recharged. I bought it from my old boss, who needed it gone because he didn't want it sitting in his driveway while his house is on the market for sale. He though it didn't run, but it was just flooded. Luckily, I used to own rotary cars in the past (FC RX-7s), so I was able to get it cranked in about 10 minutes. So my plan for this car is for it to be a turbocharged 5.3 LSx car. I currently have the 5.3l LY5 shortblock, 371 heads, and the LS1 intake. Next week all of the parts will be going to the machine shop. The heads and intake are getting ported and polished, heads are getting redecked, and the block disassembled, cleaned, and rebuilt with forged pistons and rods. This is going to be a project that will take a considerable amount of time to complete due to a baby on the way, and a deployment sometime next year (can't say when, because OPSEC). During the time away, all I will be doing is stockpiling parts and making sure I have everything that I need for the swap. Any advice as far as the rear end, wiring, and steering rack will be much appreciated! During this process, I will be taking pictures and adding everything to my own thread in the non-rotary swap forum.
Old 08-17-2017, 04:36 PM
SARX Legend

Received 454 Likes on 368 Posts

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.